The village of Billimari is situated 25 kilometres north-west of Cowra. Billimari village was developed in 1910 as a result of the Cowra-Canowindra rail link. In its heyday, the village was home to a wheat-receival depot, post office, school, public hall, blacksmith, storekeeper, bakery, butchery and local show.
Since then, expanding facilities in nearby Canowindra and Cowra have led to the closure of the town's facilities and now only the public hall remains, home to the famous "Billican Productions Inc." which produced high quality theatre productions to full houses up until mid-2010.
Billimari is now better known for its olive groves, vineyards and vegetable farms. In fact Billimari is home to the Billimari Olive Processing Plant, one of the biggest facilities in NSW. For more information on olive producing in Billimari, please visit www.labarre.com.au.
The word Billimari is reported to mean 'plenty of water' in the local Wiradjuri language.